For more than 100 years trains have been built in Eastleigh! We want you to jump forward in time and tell us what sort of trains will be built in Eastleigh 100 years in the future!
How will you report back on the trains of the future? What could you tell us? How could you let us know… will it be a picture, a written description or a model It’s up to you…
Just remember only you have seen this incredible future train… so you’ll have to let us know all about it… how do the people travel, how does it move, what fuels the train, what does it look like, where does it go?
Please submit entries by 5pm on Saturday 23 April by bringing them to Eastleigh Library or emailing them to email@example.com. The winner’s will be notified by Saturday 14 May, prizes will be awarded to the three winners on Saturday 28 May 2022.
There are three age categories in this competition, please remember to submit the entrants name and age along with a name and telephone number for a responsible adult for all three categories:
– Age 0-4 – the winner will receive a selection of children’s books
– Age 5-8 – the winner will receive a selection of children’s books
– Age 9-12 – the winner will receive a £30 book token
Competition Rules for Train of the Future competition
1. The competition is organised by Hampshire Libraries.
2. Entrants must be aged 12 or younger on Saturday 23 April 2022.
3. Entrants must submit a picture, a model, a photograph of a model or written description of a train of the future.
4. Written submissions should be no more than 200 words in length, excluding the title.
5. Entries, which must be accompanied by an entry form submitted at Eastleigh Library by 5pm Saturday 23 April 2022. All written entries should be submitted in English.
6. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
7. Entrants retain the copyright in their entries but grant to Hampshire Libraries a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry online and on any other platforms yet to be envisaged.
8. Prizes will be awarded to three winners, the best drawing or design, best model and best written description in each of the three age categories.
9. The judging panel’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.